The Euroregional Theatre Festival Timișoara - TESZT, Romania is an international festival that has been organised annually since 2008 by the Csiky Gergely Hungarian State Theatre in Timişoara. The event aims to promote multiculturalism, works as a platform for cultural exchange and also as an invitation to dialogue with the artists and other professionals from the Eastern European and Balkan region.
Our focus is: new theatre aesthetics, contemporary writers, alternative and new forms of performing arts and challenging subjects in this ever-changing world. The open call is aimed at performances from Eastern Europe and the Balkans, inviting institutions as well as independent projects.
The 2020 edition will be during the last week of May. Applications can be submitted until the 22nd of December 2019 by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information in English, Hungarian or Romanian:
• Information about the company/artist, contact information
• Information about the performance (synopsis, creative team, duration, opening date, festivals/awards)
• Why is this performance suitable for TESZT
• Technical requirements
• List of touring staff
• Detailed budget (travel costs, set transport, performance fee, royalties etc.)
• Full video of the performance – Vimeo/Youtube/other streaming link – no downloads are allowed due to lack of storage space.
For more information, write to us at email@example.com
Please take into consideration that all invited performances are translated in Romanian, Hungarian and English during the festival, so you can not submit language-specific performances. If the video of the performance is not subtitled in English, please send us an English translation of the script.
The selection will be made by a team of selectors, who will also include in the final selection performances outside the Open Call. Besides the aesthetic and content-related criteria, the technical aspects and the budget will also be considered. We will let you know if you are selected before February 2020.